Tuesday, July 23, 2013

World Youth Day Begins!



My blogging continues to happen at a periodic pace as I continue to use my after-work time this summer to try to catch up on some much needed house work.  I will be following World Youth Day as much as I can. I often will leave the TV on or my EWTN App running in the background as I work, so I can listen.

Early this evening, at 5:30 PM ET, there will be a World Youth Day Mass with Pope Francis.  You can catch it on EWTN via cable, or online.  Click the Watch/Listen tab on the left when you get to EWTN's homepage.

If you want the raw feed, you can go right to the Vatican website's page for World Youth Day 2013 in Rio, Brazil (note that when you click the player for live feed or archived video, there may be a language toggle, I believe in the upper right hand corner, with lots of language options).

For a variety of commentary on it, I recommend checking the Catholic portal, New Advent, daily.  Kevin picks material up from many other Catholic sites.   Of course, Father Z will probably be covering it, as well.

Catholic Culture, which has give an all clear with it's recent technical issues, is a good place to get summaries, usually with links to original source material.


For interesting news items I don't have time to blog on, check out my Twitter Feed: @TeDeumBlog

Te Deum Laudamus! Home

The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church;
it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!

- Diane M. Korzeniewski

Note: The recommended links below are automatically generated by the tool, so they are not necessarily related content.