Thursday, February 14, 2013

Video: Pope Benedict XVI Meets with Clergy of Rome for Last Time



Pope Benedict XVI met, for the last time, as the Bishop of Rome, his priests.

I looked for full text, but it is not out yet, so I will link to it later.  Watch for a post edit.

There is much going on, including a press conference with Fr. Federico Lombardi right now.  I see a Twitter stream by the Catholic News Service coming from the conference as I write this, with quotes.  Click and scroll here: https://twitter.com/CatholicNewsSvc.  They will likely have a link to full text of the address given to clergy a little while later.

I prefer not to read news reports with select quotes. So many things are missed and a great address or homily is reduced to a few soundbites.  I understand he spoke to the priests in Rome about Vatican II.

Here is something I just found at Vatican Radio.  I'm not sure if it is full text.  I doubt it: The Second Vatican Council, as I saw it.  

If full text comes out later this morning, feel free to drop a link in my combox.


Jacquelyn Martin/AP



For interesting news items I don't have time to blog on, check out my Twitter Feed: @TeDeumBlog

Te Deum Laudamus! Home

The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church;
it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!

- Diane M. Korzeniewski

Note: The recommended links below are automatically generated by the tool, so they are not necessarily related content.