Saturday, May 7, 2011

It's been a busy week....


As you've probably noticed, this is the longest stretch I've gone without blogging. I've been really busy, just too busy to blog or get many other things done, like finishing the Holy Week photos.

I was aware of many happenings and if you follow my Twitter feed, you undoubtedly saw me pass along news there.   I DVR'd the coverage of Pope John Paul II's beatification, and tried to keep up with what was happening in pro-life circles, the Vatican Blog Meet and more.  I'll try to cover some things in the coming days.  I think the Vatican got things off to a good start by meeting with 150 bloggers, recognizing that we are here to stay.  There is much for the Vatican to learn from bloggers and many good things Catholic bloggers can learn from the Vatican.
I'm a daily Mass goer and when I don't get to Mass in the morning, then I end up going in the evening. It means I go pretty much right after work, and then I get home sometime around 8:30. It leaves too little time to make a blogpost. My house also reflects this, as well.  

I've still got a lot on my plate, but hope to be doing more posting than I did last week and I do hope to get to those photos.




Update on Rachel

On a separate note.... For those of you who read my last blogpost concerning my cousin's daughter Rachel, she is doing very well. The upper 2/3 of her right femur was removed and replaced with a prosthetic "bone", so to speak and testing shows that there were clear margins on what was removed. With no evidence that the cancer has spread, and clear margins, it sounds very hopeful. But, she has a long road ahead of her including eight more rounds of chemotherapy. She is at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHoP) and Philly.com has her as a blogger now, under the name of "Onco Girl". The spunky 11 year old is sharing her journey there, photos and all. Even though it's only been a few days since the surgery, she is writing to it and in pretty good spirits.  Please keep her and her family in your prayers.




For interesting news items I don't have time to blog on, check out my Twitter Feed: @TeDeumBlog

Te Deum Laudamus! Home

The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!
Note: The recommended links below are automatically generated by the tool, so they are not necessarily related content.