Friday, May 13, 2011

Blogger is back....


For the better part of two days, I couldn't get into Blogger.  If you follow me on Twitter, or Facebook, you may have seen my posts there relaying this, and you will have seen the many interesting news items I was passing along.  I didn't miss the news; I just didn't get to blog it.

You were able to see most Blogger blogs because Google engineers put them into "read-only" mode. 

I read accounts of people moving to WordPress or other service because of this incident.  My attitude: Hey, it's a free service and the world doesn't start or stop because I can't blog.  I think in the nearly 5 years that I've been using Blogger, I can count on one hand how many times I was prevented from blogging for an extended period of time. Stuff happens on my home computer; it happens on my work computer.  Power goes out, internet goes out... yada, yada.  In time, you just learn to sit back and let the codies do their stuff and, like any Catholic should, offer it up!  

All kidding aside, I'd like to hear from others who switched to Word Press. What are the differences?  I might be too comfortable with Blogger.  What do I get in WP that I don't in Blogger?

I'll make a post to tomorrow to pass some things along in case you missed them.   Right now, my eyes tell me it's time for bed.  Good night!


For interesting news items I don't have time to blog on, check out my Twitter Feed: @TeDeumBlog

Te Deum Laudamus! Home

The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!
Note: The recommended links below are automatically generated by the tool, so they are not necessarily related content.