Friday, July 14, 2006

Fasting Reminder for Secular Carmelites - Feast of O.L. of Mt. Carmel July 16

Just a reminder, if you are a Secular Carmelite - Saturday, July 15 is the vigil for the Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, which falls on Sunday. For Carmelites, this is a fast day - one I almost forgot about had I not seen that Fr. Pablo Straub would be holding some talks on EWTN about the feast (see below). Hopefully, I'll be home to catch him tomorrow. He usually gives good talks.

I found a novena for this feast day and wish I had thought of it sooner. For whatever its worth - a bit late, here is a copy.

I don't know how long it will remain up there, but here is the advertisement on EWTN for the special on Our Lady of Mt. Carmel. The link may take you there now, but not sure what you'll see when you get there once they alter it.


As an interesting sidenote, I just learned today that Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen was a T.O. Carmelite.